1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

First time using UPS for a used bass...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Zeebs_23, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Zeebs_23

Zeebs_23

Dec 17, 2013
    Calgary, Alberta
    So i recently found a MM Stingray on the classifieds here. Which I'm super pumped about I love those basses but just couldn't afford it new.

Anyways, the situation is this: I confirmed purchase of it with the guy Monday, and he created the label on Tuesday. Another 2 days later on Thurs. he told me that they picked it up and its on its way.

The thing is the tracking hasn't moved at all since the label was created. I'm starting to get a little concerned that I'm getting taken for a ride here, but is it possible that the UPS tracking is just terrible and it's on its way?

I'd like to know what you guys think, and/or if someones had the same thing happen and how it turned out.

Thanks everyone!

2. 5544

Dec 1, 2015
    I've had packages delivered before tracking info was updated in the past.

As long as you used Paypal, then give it at least 30 days before making a claim.

3. catcauphonic

catcauphonic High Freak of the Low Frequencies Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Seattle WA
    This is what my tracking looks like on a cab i just purchased from a private seller on Friday 12/30 >

Screenshot_20170102-102610. Screenshot_20170102-102616.

No details since the 31st ... 2 days ago.
    I don't have much brown truck experience in the past few years other than this.

4. Zeebs_23

Zeebs_23

Dec 17, 2013
    Calgary, Alberta
    The current state of my tracking webpage in case anyone was wondering
    IMG_0337. IMG_0338.

I wouldn't be as concerned if I knew it at least had been on route, and my excitement to receive this is definitely not helping. I think I've played every single stingray I can get my hands on in my city a half a dozen times:D

I did use paypal though, so even worst case scenario I'm covered. And the user I bought off of didn't have any negative feedback either, so that gives me a bit of hope.

5. catcauphonic

catcauphonic High Freak of the Low Frequencies Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Seattle WA
    In this case i might call UPS first to see what else they can tell you. If it's not in their hands yet, I'd then very politely contact the seller to see what the hold up is on his end. Last resort would be about 3 weeks from now ... where (worst case scenario) you could initiate a claim thru Paypal.

I was actually quite surprised in my case that the seller got it tagged and bagged and dropped off so quickly on a holiday weekend ... i doubt all sellers would have it out that fast. Regardless, this week will pass by slower than any in recent memory!