First URB - Electric upright needed.

Discussion in 'Rockabilly [DB]' started by sashua, Apr 27, 2008.

1. I am sure that this question has been asked before but searches are not yielding specific enough answers so here goes....

I have never played a URB before but I am playing much more Rockabilly now on my bass than ever before so the time's a comin' that I want to take lessons and I need to buy one.

I have no space in my home so an electric URB seems the most sensible choice for compromise. I want an inexpensive one for less than a grand because if I don't take well to it or hate playing it then at least I can turn it back over.

Used is fine and I have seen a few NS Design basses in and around these numbers. There is also a DEAN one that can be purchased brand new for about $500.

Can I please have some advice on which instrument is THE ONE to seek out? Opinions would be very helpful right now.

Thanks all!
    Russ

2. Gearhead43

Gearhead43

Nov 25, 2007
    NorCal
    Might want to ask over on the EUB forum. They aren't too commonly used in Rockabilly bands. At least not any I have seen or heard.

3. In price that range an Ergo can't be beat. You can use gut, weedwhackers or whatever kind of string you like. You must replace the stand it comes with and the strings, That will still put you under a grand.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 26, 2021