1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

First world spoiled bedroom player problem

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ashtray, Feb 11, 2019 at 3:08 AM.

1. One of these...$10 bucks at a thrift store.
    GUEST_4c0a404f-7e0e-42fe-8c1d-e4a88c85d68c?wid=488&hei=488&fmt=pjpeg.

2. StatesideRambler

StatesideRambler

Jul 1, 2015
    If there’s an Ikea nearby get one of their $8.99 parsons tables. They’re named “Lack” in the Ikea catalog listing. Dim’s are 21-5/8” square by 17-3/4” high and they’re plenty strong unless you pantomime Tony Hawk. I’ve got a couple of ‘em. The leg spacing is great for mounting rack gear, too.

DeltaDelta likes this.
  3. Cage

Cage

Oct 1, 2018
    Beer

chris_b and LowActionHero like this.
  4. saabfender

saabfender SUSPENDED

Jan 10, 2018
    Indianapolis
    In back of a convenience store or grocery store. Careful, though. It's scary. You might get a splinter.

5. Yeah, if you're 'in the bedroom' then raise it up, who cares what it looks like.

6. Chrisk-K

Chrisk-K

Jan 20, 2010
    Maryland, USA
    Suppress GAS for a while to be able to afford a bigger bedroom.

AudioTaper, chris_b and Andy Daventry like this.
  7. Me! :(:crying:

I actually cared less about my amp’s stage look - but at home when I have nothing but time to get my rig set up just right, there’s no excuse in my mind to half do something. I have guitar hangers on the wall - I used a laser level and got them all in a perfect row, and used a bubble level to get the wood blocks perfectly level as well.

Again, this post is mostly tongue in cheek. I have mild OCD and this is just me dealing with it.

DeltaDelta and LowActionHero like this.
  8. BassBuzzRS

BassBuzzRS

Oct 18, 2005
    Norway
    This thread is a serious waste of space.

9. Uh, because that’s where you put your feet up when sitting on the sofa! :roflmao:

B028CEDE-7F42-4E4F-9449-60822B31E2BB.

(Note: this pic isn’t current, and the bass amp is off to the left, out of frame. But it faces right in to that coffee table. And that coffee table doubles as my workbench - I have a padded work mat and neck stand for it. Kills my back though, so perhaps a tall workbench will be in that room’s future - I have a corner desk in there on the other wall too.)

10. I actually have a Shuttle 3.08T combo - single 8” speaker. I was playing around with having a small speaker near ear level, so I put a 1x10 cab on top my Aggie cab, then my Aggie head on top that, then my Shuttle head on top the Aggie head. The Shuttle hooked up to the 1x10”. Didn’t much care for the sound, but was running late so I left it set up like that. That was a month ago. I got a stack of random cabs and heads, and somehow the space on top found room for a loaded Strat pickguard from a guitar I was working on. Currently the whole thing is like one of those stacked rock art things - just balancing as I throw more stuff on top, until it all falls. Doh!

11. Marko 1

Marko 1

Mar 9, 2009
    N.E. Ohio
    Just EQ it so it sounds good to your ears. :)

12. Unfortunately the legs are now hollow below the top inch or so - I discovered this the hard way.
    Screw a 3650 into the top position: works fine.
    Screw another one (they're obsolete -> cheap lab gear!) into the next position, stop holding it up and step back, and revel in the crunching, ripping sound as it tears the screws out of the wood.

OK, so "revel" is possibly not the right word. Maybe I meant "wince," "cringe" or "facepalm."

petrus61 likes this.
  13. I have no constructive solutions to suggest beyond what other people have already said.
    I, too, just want to applaud the OP's honesty, and am thoroughly enjoying this thread.

14. bozha

bozha

Jun 5, 2008
    SRB
  15. vonbladet

vonbladet

Nov 30, 2017
    East Belgium
    I got one of these, and it does the tilting thing very nicely: 8486993_800.

16. ThinCrappyTone

ThinCrappyTone Mostly harmless Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Massachusetts, USA
    cut a hole in floor in front of amp and stand in it

jerry, AudioTaper and sissy kathy like this.
  17. JimChjones

JimChjones

Aug 6, 2017
    SE England
    I've been led to believe the ladies appreciate a nice aesthetic environment...

LowActionHero likes this.
  18. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    A cow.

DeltaDelta and equill like this.
  19. Lay the amp on its back so it's aimed at the ceiling, then stand right beside it?
    It should have just enough dispersion for that to work.

20. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Supporting Member