1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

First Youtube video with DI, Barbary Coast from Weather Report

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by ecs33, Apr 14, 2018.

1. ecs33

ecs33

Apr 14, 2018
    So today I bought an audio interface, webcam, and learned how to mix the song and bass track together and tried to then mix that audio track with the video. I did take video at same time as I took audio, but it is difficult to sync 100% and seems almost unreal because the DI audio kind of takes away from the surrounding track and realism of it. I suppose going forward it would be better to overlay the original webcam audio with it, not sure.

Let me know your thoughts

NYCBass likes this.
  2. ecs33

ecs33

Apr 14, 2018
    I pre-emptively did another video with no backing track. Cool thing about this is I realized you could pass in the audio interface as the mic for the webcam, so didn't have to do any mixing for this at all.

Now if only there was a way to add this simplicity when doing backing tracks. Do some people have the backing track going through another mic? For the purpose of bass covers, all everyone really cares about is the quality of the bass track.

I'll eventually get a better setup. I'm currently transitioning that room from a guest room to an office, but don't want to get rid of the bed until a few months after my baby is born.

3. Badwater

Badwater

Jan 12, 2017
    It synced up pretty good. Nice job on your 1st YT video.