1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fish

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by wpc1996, Jul 14, 2014.

1. I have no idea where I should post this so I chose here. (Either here or amps or misc I figured)

I'm thinking about getting fish for my room, either with a tank that can fit on my desk or a bigger one that I have space for on one of walls.

But if I get the bigger one it'll be closer to where my amp is, and I know loud noises can kill fish. The bigger fish tank will be about 13 feet away from the tank, and the amps are pointed right where the tank will be (and I can't movie the amps it's at the only place where it can fit) does anyone know if this could harm them?

2. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    If you are talking a practice room of normal volume, I can't see an issue. If you are talking a room where a full band is playing, it might be. It might also be an issue moving heavy amps around where a fish tank could be knocked over.

3. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    You will need vinegar.

4. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    I had a 55 gallon tank in a room with a 500W portable PA and my stage rig. I had a cassette player plugged in to the PA and used it turned way up so I could play along at stage volume, and I never lost any fish, at least not to volume. I kept African cichlids so I would lose one occasionally to a territorial dispute, but never to excess noise, unless it was something that had a cumulative effect and was marked by chewed up fins and eyes.

5. nukes_da_bass

nukes_da_bass Banned

Feb 19, 2006
    west suburban boston
    I suggest a harness for walking. Fish get right out of conventional collars.

buldog5151bass likes this.
  6. slobake

slobake resident ... something Supporting Member

No problem, just have him turn down his hearing aid.
    Abe_Vigoda_Fish_Barney_Miller_1977.

7. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    Barney Miller reference?? You sir, win the internets! Well played! Well played indeed!

8. Darth Handsome

Darth Handsome Banned

Oct 1, 2010
    Winnipeg
    He'll always be Tessio to me.

9. basscooker

basscooker Commercial User

Apr 11, 2010
    cincy ky
    Owner, ChopShopAmps
    It's not personal, just business.

Darth Handsome likes this.
  10. Innocuous

Innocuous In Memoriam

May 5, 2014
    N. E. Ohio
    I think if you use "soft water" it will be ok. It will absorb most of the dangerous frequencies. Don't use any chordature in the upper registers. It could create rogue waves unless you have a diver in the tank armed with a basinhousin.