Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fishbone - are amazing...

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Mike Flynn, Jul 9, 2004.

1. ...but you all should know that right? I just dug out a mini-disc of <b>The Reality Of My Surroundings</b> taped off my orginal *gatefold* vinyl - which is, without question, one of my all time fave albums, and definitely one of the best crossover records from the '90s. If you haven't heard it, or have it stored away in the closet, get it on the record deck/CD/minidisc/MP3 player and crank the first tune up because, IMO, bands just don't sound this tight and this damn hot these days. It's the same for Living Colour - live they just cream so many other bands - and Vernon Ried must be in his 50s by now! Plus Corey is one of <i>the</i> greatest male singers on the planet right now - this man is a superstar vocal talent.

My one big regret with The 'Bone is that I have NEVER seen them live - only on video - and they play the UK almost every year - I feel like I have seriously missed out...anyway I just wanted to give these guys some props...

Peace
    Mx

2. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    Fishbone (Is Red Hot)!!!

3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    +2 Fishbone rule. Norwood is an inspiration. Fishbone actually played the spring concert at UMASS once before the spring concerts turned to garbage.

4. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass

I saw Fishbone Play Umass it wasnt out doors though it was indoors (Funny itwas the Reality Tour)''

One of the Best show I ever was Fishbone Opening For the Chilipeppers at the Paradise in Boston.

Both Bands were in thier Prime in My Opinion. The Chili's were supporting Uplift Mofo and Fish Bone had Truth And soul.

The Bone Blew the Peppers off the Stage

Aj

5. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Yeah, Fishbone is one of my favorite live bands, and RHCP is on the other end of the spectrum, mainly due to the vocals.

6. josh_m

josh_m

May 5, 2004
    Davie, Fl
    I saw them on Ft. Lauderdale beach when I was pretty young, my aunt took me because they were her favorite band. They didn't have the right permits or something and the show was shutdown after a couple songs.

7. One of the best albums of all times from one of the best bands of all times!!!

I love "So many millions"... :bassist:

8. "Sunless Saturday" should be the new American/British national Anthem - that is truly uplifting and powerful rock/funk - awesome tune and no mistake!

9. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    The Reality Of My Surroundings is awesome man.

10. Is Angelo Moore (vocals/sax) still with Fishbone?

11. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I only have Give a Monkey a Brain, but it's very cool.

12. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    Great pic!

Angelo's a great Front guy

Who else is in the band these days ( Ican see norwood in the Pic)

Aj

13. That's an awesome picture Dave - I know how great they are live and I have seen a fair it of footage of their amazing show - but I still ain't em - I will next time they are over!!!!!

14. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    A local stock photo guy got paid to tour with fishbone and snap photos. He got some great stuff. I forget his name though. :(