Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by JHMAVRO, Aug 10, 2000.

May 29, 2000
    hooksett NH USA
    Just got this CD.Cant rember the title but The 1st track is titled "Shakey ground." Anyway, I've never heard anyone talk about these guys so I thought Id let eveyone know That "Fishbone" Is F-ing sweet. Great vocals,horns,rythme and awsome bass.You gotto check em out. There like ska, or reggge with a lot of funk. Bassist Norwood fisher lays down some damn sweet grooves.Flea ,Chad and John from the chilie Peppers are on this album somewere too.
    Once again these guys call themeselves Fishbone.
    Does any listen to them round here?
  2. the Qintar

the Qintar

Jul 24, 2000
    ive heard the name in the past, but it was a awhile ago, cant remember anything else, maybe theyre worth a listen
  3. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    they are originally from atlanta, i saw primus play with them at the georgia state university gymnasium in oh, about 1990. pretty groovy.

norwood fisher is a pretty cool guy, he was very interested in my low F# tuned basses at the la namm show in 99. he had this annoying chick with him, though, she was like his walking pr box, obnoxious, whiny nasal voice, "Wakka Wakka" she reminded me of pac man. thankfully though, when he started talking to me he sorta pushed her to the side or something, so she bothered some other people and not me.

l.a. is full of them. :D

i remember seeing them play in atlanta around '91 they dressed in drag and called themselves "the black ho's" that was a cool gig.

they are pretty cool, been around for a long time.
  4. funkastorious

May 26, 2000
    Mpls, MN.
    Hum...No one heard of Fishbone? I don't think so. These guys have been Road Warriors for many years.

Personally, they have the best live show I have ever seen....and they have the musical talent to back it up.

Last time I saw them was in Steamboat springs at a tiny bar, then the next week they actually played a gig with Maceo Parker at 1st Ave in Mpls. Great group of guys,

As for that CD, the title is "The Psychotic Friends Nuttwerx". Flea plays on the first track, "Shakey Ground", that's it. (Kinda obvious). The other killer track is "Aids & Armageddon", which is played by Fisher with his Ovation Acoustic.

Another great Fishbone CD is Chim Chim's Badass Revenge. They are hilarious!

Kinda a combo of Ska, Punk, Funk, and pop....

5. hell_awaits

May 2, 2000
    It sure is...
  6. top028

Dec 14, 1999
    Lancaster, PA
    I saw fishbone on a Sat. Night Live Re-run. Pretty cool. I aquired a tape with "Bonein' in the bone yard"... Bad mix, but awesome slap playing!
  7. theJello

Apr 12, 2000
    Fishbone is amazing. I agree these guys put on one of the best live shows ever. One thing that really sticks out with these guys is their diversity. They have released albums as funky as Funkadelic and others as heavy and pissed off as Pantera. Its all good.
  8. I saw Fishbone at Music Midtown (huge outdoor festival) in Atlanta about three years ago. Norwood Fisher was pretty impressive.. playing 5-string fretless and singing the whole time.