fishman bII v proeq platinum

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Lucerne, Feb 2, 2006.

1. Lucerne

Jan 13, 2005
    Is there any reason why the output signal of my older preamp (BII) is considerably more than that of the pro eq platinum preamp. Both are being tried with an underwood. With the BII I can get a much stronger signal way before feedback whereas with the proeq i have to put the input on my actual combo much higher to achieve a comparable volume and thus meet feedback.
  2. CB3000

CB3000 Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2003
    Madison, wi
    I read another thread somewhere that mentioned that the older BII pre sounded better than the newer stuff. I had the Platinum myself before and I got rid of it cuz I thought it sounded terrible-nice features but the actual sound was dull. I actually have a pal with and old BII that I am going to see if I can borrow. My guess is that the circuitry changed and not for the better.

I have a different preamp that I removed the bass and treble and low end filter from (because they were damaged) and the tone cleared up considerably and the output shot up as well. I actually A/B tested it against a brand new version and my messed up and modified unit sounded better!