1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

fishman fission

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by roree, Dec 12, 2011.

1. roree

roree

Dec 30, 2007
    nj usa
    I am thinking about buying one. Any one tried it yet. I want to thicken up my sound when I play in a duo. Can anybody recommend any other harmony units.

2. I am interested in the Fission too. If you type "Fission" into the Seach field of the Effects forum that this thread is in, you will see a number of TB threads about it. I would describe the reviews as mixed, although from what I've heard of recordings, it sounds great. Go on YouTube and type in "Fishman Fission."

So far as other pedals of this type - most TBers seem to recommend either the Akai UniBass or the POG (either the MicroPog or the Pog II). The UniBass seems to be out of production so it's hard to find them. I use a POG II through a chorus and it works great IMO.

3. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    I own one of the Fishman Fission pedals and I have no issues with it at all.

I really dig it

It definitely can make my sound huge and I've even been trying it with my 15 string.