fishman pro eq output level

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Lucerne, Mar 4, 2005.

1. Lucerne

Jan 13, 2005

I recently got fishman pro eq after having used the B-2 for years. My output level is siginificantly less now when i dial in the sound I want, this is pushing the input to the max (before the light goes ). Last night i ended up goin back to the B-2 for the second set. The sounds I get from the pro eq are excellent but the volume is just not as good. Can anything be done about this or do i just need to re-jig all the settings??
  2. Kael

Kael Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    What are your settings at? I usually let my input light flash on slightly for most any note I play above a very quiet level. Haven't had that particular issue, yet. Perhaps try moving up your input level a touch?
  3. Lucerne

Jan 13, 2005
    I have tried to dial in more input and only get the red light when the bottom E is really hit. There just seems to be less vol in compariosn to the other (B-II) but i like the fact that the sound is more controllable. I'll just have to turn amp/pa past what it used to be at.
    Initially I was using the XLR out and sending to my amp separately but i miss not having a mute so i've went back to going through my amp and taking all the signal from the XLR there (pre eq on amp) so that when i mute my amp i mute everything. I reckon if this preamp had a mute as well it would have everything covered.
    Settings by the way that work for me are
    Bass -slightly more than half
    low mid - exactly half
    mid - slightly less than half
    Hi mid - zero
    treble - between half and zero
    compression - 12 o'clock
    depth - 9 o'clock