Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

fishman pro eq output level

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Lucerne, Mar 4, 2005.

1. Lucerne

Lucerne

Jan 13, 2005
    Hi

I recently got fishman pro eq after having used the B-2 for years. My output level is siginificantly less now when i dial in the sound I want, this is pushing the input to the max (before the light goes ). Last night i ended up goin back to the B-2 for the second set. The sounds I get from the pro eq are excellent but the volume is just not as good. Can anything be done about this or do i just need to re-jig all the settings??

2. Kael

Kael Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    What are your settings at? I usually let my input light flash on slightly for most any note I play above a very quiet level. Haven't had that particular issue, yet. Perhaps try moving up your input level a touch?

3. Lucerne

Lucerne

Jan 13, 2005
    I have tried to dial in more input and only get the red light when the bottom E is really hit. There just seems to be less vol in compariosn to the other (B-II) but i like the fact that the sound is more controllable. I'll just have to turn amp/pa past what it used to be at.
    Initially I was using the XLR out and sending to my amp separately but i miss not having a mute so i've went back to going through my amp and taking all the signal from the XLR there (pre eq on amp) so that when i mute my amp i mute everything. I reckon if this preamp had a mute as well it would have everything covered.
    Settings by the way that work for me are
    Bass -slightly more than half
    low mid - exactly half
    mid - slightly less than half
    Hi mid - zero
    treble - between half and zero
    compression - 12 o'clock
    depth - 9 o'clock

Cheers