Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

'fishpond/ wall 'o thunder family pic

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by watspan, Feb 5, 2006.

1. watspan

watspan Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2002
    madison, wi
    left to right: rumblefish 5L, 74 P, Dean Edge 4 Improv, Mahogany topped Premium 'fish, Epiphone Allen Woody Signature, 'fish;
    Amps: mid-70's Acoustic 140/106; hartke 5000 biamped w/ Ampeg PR1528he; AMP BH-420 w/Steelsound 2x12
    not shown: AMP BH-250 w/ Ampeg 4x8

2. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    I love the blue 5'er. Nice collection!

3. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    All you jerks with your Reverends...psh...;)

4. Nice school of 'Fish you have there! :bassist:

5. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Nice collection. Very nice.:)

6. watspan

Nov 25, 2002
    madison, wi
  7. kirin

kirin

Jan 11, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    My rev looks exactly like your white/gold one :D - never gonna sell it. Wow I wish I could find one like your maple 4.

How does the 5 sound/feel in comparison? What do you string them with?

8. watspan

Nov 25, 2002
    madison, wi
    the premium mahogany-topped w/ maple neck i bought from reverend a few months back when they put a few together from remaining parts--I love it! has a different bridge from the others.

the 4's have the stock SIT strings, although the white/gold had TI Jazz Flats at one point and they were awesome!

The 5 is my least favorite (i'm just not a 5 player) much heavier than the 4's, a little neck-heavy. strung w/ d'addario chrome flats--sounds nice and the 3 posityion pckup switch is better than the vvt of the 4's IMHO