Fito Garcia

Discussion in 'Ask Todd Johnson [Archived]' started by deckard, Aug 5, 2009.

1. deckard

deckard

Apr 4, 2003
    Seattle
    Hi, Todd -

Just wondered if you've ever heard a 6-string bassist named Fito Garcia - he's based in Vancouver, B.C.

I'm listening to his CD "Mi Bajo Rumbero" and am really enjoying it. VERY Latin, of course, with rhythm and vocals.

The pianist I play with saw Fito live in Vancouver recently, purchased his CD & then loaned the CD to me... he may never get it back! Ha!!

You might want to check Fito out. Highly recommended!

cheers & best,

Scott

2. Todd Johnson

Todd Johnson

Sep 27, 2005
    Anthem, AZ
    Thanks for the recommendation. I'd love to check him out one day when I have some time. Thanks!!

3. kerryg

kerryg Supporting Member

Jul 15, 2007
    Vancouver BC, Canada
    I'm one of the bassists, Kerry Galloway; Laurence Mollerup and Rene Worst (and of course Fito Garcia himself) are the others. Here's the listing for the CD, which was done before the band formed (all bass was done multitrack by Fito): http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/fitogarcia

It's tons of fun, and believe me - it's a challenge, those charts are hard. I'm hearing rumbles (no pun intended) that we're probably going to be touring next summer.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 2, 2021