1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fitting a Tremelo Bridge

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by LuckyPants, Mar 7, 2008.

1. LuckyPants

LuckyPants

Mar 7, 2008
    Dublin
    First of all Hi! great forum!

I've always been massively obsessed with whammy bars on guitars, I don't know why, I just do! So I found this....

http://www.hipshotproducts.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=140

I would be fitting it on a Squier Modified 70's Jazz seen here...

http://www.musicstore.de/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/MusicStore-MusicStoreShop-Site/en_EN/-/EUR/ViewProductDetail-Start;pgid=?SKU=BAS0002435-001&ProductUUID=0&JumpTo=OfferList

Now heres where I need your help! What exactly needs to be done to fit the bridge? Will it work? and will it ruin my bass in anyway?

Thanks in advance.
    LuckyPants

2. Hi.

From the .pdf file on that link You provided you'll see the basic requirements. (the "dimensions" that is actually an ad.)

It's a standard "Stratocaster" type tremolo, so You'll need to route a channel through the body and a cavity for the springs.

If the product is half-decent, the fitting instructions will be included.

This mod won't necessarily ruin Your bass if done correctly, but basses with whammy bars are'n that sought after, so the resale value might suffer. Once installed, it's rather hard to return the bass to the original specs.

I'd choose Kahler, but that's just me.

Regards
    Sam

3. LuckyPants

LuckyPants

Mar 7, 2008
    Dublin
    Thanks for the reply!

As far as I know it does come with fitting instructions.

And I don't plan on selling the bass so resale value isnt a problem!

thanks again!