1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FITTING STRINGS TO IBANEZ BTB WITH MONO BRIDGE

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Makatak, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Makatak

Makatak

Apr 13, 2002
    New Zealand
    How are you guys going with fitting the mono bridge end part of the string on a BTB ? , ive found you have to turn the flat part of the " ball" end " North and south " to get it into the trap slot and then turn it " east west " to trap it , but sometimes it is a bit off centre but still stays , is that correct or does the end have to be lying flat to be totally secure and not damaging the seat of the bridge ? . I like to wind my strings around the post first before trapping the ball end so as not to have the string tensioned " twisted " therefore sometimes the end could align at any position . I hope this makes sense and thanks in advance

2. Hi Makatak,
    I've never given it any thought, just popped them in an tuned everytime I've changed my string for the 6 years I've been playing my BTB. They are all over the place down there. And I have NEVER had any issues with strings not staying where they are supposed to or damaging anything - I guess it's just a fool proof design ;)

3. Makatak

Makatak

Apr 13, 2002
    New Zealand
    Thanks Thombass , youre probably right , its just that they seem to seat nicer a certain way , ill not give it another thought in the future , just load and play !