1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Five Hour Energy

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by capnsandwich, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Anyone ever use them? I have and I must say they do a better job of waking you up than a quad venti white mocha from Starbucks. I think I found my new wake up juice before a gig.

2. i think they taste like poopy, but they get the job done.

3. Word. Tastes like complete ass, but it works pretty well.

4. Yeah I agree, but it's so small that it's like a shot of whiskey. It's all the way down your throat before you taste it.

5. WickedPissah

WickedPissah

Jan 22, 2008
    Boston
    Anything's better than $tarbuck$

6. Yeah but before a gig it's hard to find somewhere that's still open to get 4 shots of espresso in one cup of coffee. I'd do Red bulls but they taste worse than Five Hour Energies. All those energy drinks are nasty to me. Coffee is the only thing I can actually sit there and enjoy while ingesting a monstrous amount of caffeine.

7. the berry ones are the 'best' tasting, imo. but i use them if i stay up all night, lol. definitely makes you awake and not hyper-ish like the high sugar energy drinks.

they don't make you feel bloated from drinking too much carbonation, either, since it's just a shot.

8. The stacker brand 6 hour ones also do the trick. Not a hell of a lot better tasting though.

9. What are the ingredients?

10. I absorb absurd of caffeine in all it's various forms (coffee, energy drinks, energy shots, pills) so I will say that 5Hour has quite adequate performance. IMO, you haven't lived until you have shotgunned an entire Monster, however.

Peace,
    Greg

11. doctorjazz

doctorjazz

Oct 22, 2006
    Wilmington, NC
    That is such a terrible idea. I have to try it.

12. Jimmy Bones

Jimmy Bones

Feb 24, 2009
    Baxley, GA
    I can't drink the stuff, I'm allergic to some of the ingredients, the artificial sweeteners. It'd kill me.

I do love me some Red Bull though (not diet). For some reason, I like the nasty flavor.

13. red bull is great with jager or vodka, lol. :hyper:

14. Jimmy Bones

Jimmy Bones

Feb 24, 2009
    Baxley, GA
    Which is quite dangerous - the Red Bull can fool you into thinking you aren't as intoxicated as you really are.

15. You can get ephedrine pills from I-Supplements if you want the real deal.

16. because drinking doesn't do the same thing...;) :p

17. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    It didn't work for me.

is there a trick? Like do you down it as fast as possible, or sip slowly with some dinner?

I've tried both, and neither worked.

18. I just down it real fast like taking a shot of whiskey. It starts working in 15 minutes too. If you need something else try drinking a cup of coffee with it.

19. Jimmy Bones

Jimmy Bones

Feb 24, 2009
    Baxley, GA
    Or save yourself the hassle and just have a heart attack by yourself. :p