Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Five minutes ago

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by soundoholic, Sep 14, 2003.

1. I woke up this morning to my land lady screaming hello's into my apartment. She didn't call to tell me she was coming. She decided to let her self in while I was sleeping. I walked into my living room after hearing alot of noise for a sunday morning and walked int my living room in a robe to find her and some women she was showing the place to. I told her I was planning on moving next month two days ago. Well I have been sick the last week so the place looks like a war zone. She was not happy. Why? She didn't call. It's MY place. I only told her onluy two days ago that I was going to be moving. That gives her about 40 days to find somebody to live there. Am I in the wrong?

I usually keep a clean place but I don't see how this is my fault. She actually walked in!!! I am now really glad that I am moving. On the good news I played the last outdoor gig of my bands schedule last night and it went very well.

2. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    In most areas, what she did would be considered illegal. I'd have a serious discussion with her if I were you.

Sioux Falls, eh? One of my favorite places - we've considered moving there several times.

3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Yup! as a landlord, I cannot go into my place without 'proper notice' and the tenent has a right to say 'no'.

Read your lease... it should mention something about 'quiet possession' or some such. It's been a while since I've read one (my tenent is coming on his 5 year aniv.).

4. Dude...I would have been freaked out.

What if you would of had company?!

They crossed the line there buddy.

Pack your bags and upski...

5. :rolleyes: Yup I'm gone! I was already planning on leaving but this really makes me want to leave asap. I just want my deposit back. Then all will be good! That will go towards another cabinet or maybe a new power amp as my other place I'm going to be staying at does not require a deposit. Yipee!

6. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Yupp, shes definitely in the wrong. Sue her ass, lol.

7. Then I could get a really big rig!!!!:D

8. Or move to an even better place ;) :D

9. Before you leave....take a big poop in the toilet,and don't flush

10. toilet?

:D

11. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    fine, floor.

12. haha....

Take one everywhere.

Freezer,Frige,Oven,Closest,Cabinets...everywhere.

Throw a big poop-fest :D

13. You should've at least walked out naked to greet them.

14. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    You should have come out in the nude scratching your "nuggets" and farting alot!

That is definitely against the law. She had no right to do that to you! If she does that again, seek legal action.

15. Why did u walk out stark naked?

Morning! and just walk around as if they werent there?

:D:D

Merls

16. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Is she hot?

17. Walk in there naked...

"is it me or is it a bit nippy in here?":meh:

18. No

This is by far the most fun I have had with one of my own topics.:)

I just checked the mail and I have recieved an acme invoice. My b4 should be here today or tommorow. I want it now!:bawl: