1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Five string chromes

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by planeman, Oct 2, 2013.

1. planeman

planeman

Feb 8, 2013
    Richmond, VA
    I was wondering if anyone has tried the 5 string set of chromes and how does the B string sound? Thanks

2. iiipopes

iiipopes Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    I have a Chromes 132 B on my 2011 Ibby SRA305. It has good definition and round tone. It is not flabby. A little on the dark side, yes, as are all seated in flats, but still with definition. Depending on your bridge setup, you may or may not have to deal with the mounting of the string, because the ball end silk does increase the diameter of the string.

3. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    I'll tag along. I'm curious about this too.

4. GoatBass

GoatBass

Feb 28, 2013
    Madison, WI
    +1. I just installed my first set so I'm still breaking them in, but this has been my experience so far. FWIW, I too was a little apprehensive about going to flats on a 5'er, but I'm really pleased that I made the switch.

5. planeman

planeman

Feb 8, 2013
    Richmond, VA
    Thanks guys.