1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fixing a cut wire in an active bass

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by longview21guns, May 4, 2017.

1. longview21guns

longview21guns

Jan 6, 2017
    I recently upgraded my bass to a Fender Mexican Jazz Bass.

My old bass, an Ibanez SR250 has a cut red wire from where it connects the battery to the rest of the bass.

How would I go about fixing this myself so I can sell it?

2. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Welcome to Talk Bass! Right now you are on the Double Bass (upright) side of the forum. While I'm sure these ladies and gentlemen are more than willing to help, I think you'll find more your brand of help over in the pickups and electronics section on the bass guitar side.

3. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    But we're certainly active bassists. ;)

Anticipating that this gets moved, still we can help. The big question is, do you know where the wire detached from? If it's detached from the little battery snap, then you probably have to replace that part, which is an easy soldering job, and a common repair. If it's detached from the active electronics, then you need to hopefully have some idea of where it detached from, strip a little bit of insulation from the wire, and re-solder.

Parts Express would be a fine place to get a battery snap, otherwise any electronics supplier. Best of luck!

two fingers likes this.
  4. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Why, @fdeck !!!! I never knew you went both ways! :D

Radio likes this.
  5. longview21guns

longview21guns

Jan 6, 2017
    Sorry for posting this in the wrong section! I am newer here...

Thanks for the help! x