Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fixing a Zipper - it came off...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Minger, Nov 13, 2005.

1. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Um...yeah...on my gig bag it decided to come off (not my pants...:p) and I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions.

I mean, if worst comes to worst, its the zipper for the pocket, so I can still carry my bass around, but would rather not have the pocket wide open (keep my strap and cable in there...)..that and its one fo the cheap ones I got with my SX, so no big worries I guess.

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Once a zipper breaks you can never trust it again. Get a new bag.

3. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    What he said.^^^

4. I took a tent (camping) to an awning shop to repair a zipper that had come off, and they did an excellent job making it good in about 15 minutes. Cost me $15CAN.

5. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    meh, nevermind that. Thats about how much the case cost...:p

Oh well, if I stick things far enough down it gets caught and won't come out unless someone grabs it; I guess its fine (until you guys hear me ccoming back complainin that I lost my strap...)

6. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Again: Get a new bag.

7. jgbass

jgbass Guest

Dec 17, 2003
    I suggest you find one of those shoe repair shops. They not only repair shoes, but often will replace zippers, especially if its something like a gig bag.