1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fixing a Zipper - it came off...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Minger, Nov 13, 2005.

1. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Um...yeah...on my gig bag it decided to come off (not my pants...:p) and I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions.

I mean, if worst comes to worst, its the zipper for the pocket, so I can still carry my bass around, but would rather not have the pocket wide open (keep my strap and cable in there...)..that and its one fo the cheap ones I got with my SX, so no big worries I guess.

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Once a zipper breaks you can never trust it again. Get a new bag.

3. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    What he said.^^^

4. I took a tent (camping) to an awning shop to repair a zipper that had come off, and they did an excellent job making it good in about 15 minutes. Cost me $15CAN.

5. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    meh, nevermind that. Thats about how much the case cost...:p

Oh well, if I stick things far enough down it gets caught and won't come out unless someone grabs it; I guess its fine (until you guys hear me ccoming back complainin that I lost my strap...)

6. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Again: Get a new bag.

7. jgbass

jgbass Guest

Dec 17, 2003
    I suggest you find one of those shoe repair shops. They not only repair shoes, but often will replace zippers, especially if its something like a gig bag.