Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fixing my Depth Charge

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Wounded Paw, Mar 30, 2004.

1. I seemed to have broken the toggle switch for the blend knob on my Prescription Electronics Depth Charge. Now the blend is always 100% which is kinda useless to me, I don't really understand why there was a switch in the first place. Is it possible to just bypass the switch and be able to use the blend knob again? Is this something I can attempt myself? I kinda need this pedal working again ASAP.

2. The toggle switches between 100% effect and x% effect according to the blend knob. There is just two wires going to two contacts on the toggle so I would assume I either connect those two wires together or cut them off entirely depending on which switch contacts they're on. Right?
    I don't want the toggle, it seems kinda silly to have it. The web site shows a model without it so I don't know why mine has it.

3. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    I'll take a look in mine today, will report back later

4. Done and done, removed the switch and soldered the ends together and it all works great, just in time for our tour. Now I just have a little hole taped over where the switch was. Also fixed a weak battery lead while I was in there.
    I'm also taking my Prunes & Custard along just in case.