Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

fixing stuff

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Viviuos, Oct 30, 2005.

1. Viviuos

Viviuos

Jul 15, 2004
    Nehawka, Nebraska
    Well, I fixed my first guitar yesterday. A friend had.... blew chunks on his guitar (ewwww) and it hasn’t worked right since. I plug it in and I get nothing out, well that give me a place to start looking. Takes me one and a half hours to take it all apart and desiring it. (whammy bridge, and a tremolo) I go through and check all of the pickups to see if I have single from them; those work onto the electronics. The five way switch works and the tone knob works, that leaves the volume control. I text him and tell him what’s up and I give him the option of replacing it next time I'm in town to pick one up or just bypassing the volume. Guess what he chose. One wire cut and twenty seconds of soldering and the problem was fixed. It then took me another forty five minuets to put it all back together and restring it. I was proud. Works great now. I also get a few days to play around with it until I have to give it back.

Just my little rant for the day.

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    How much did you charge him?

-Mike

3. Viviuos

Viviuos

Jul 15, 2004
    Nehawka, Nebraska
    Nadda. I thought about it, but we are planning on moving in together next month so i'll work it out of him somehow.

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    People wonder why guitar players act like egomaniacs. :D

-Mike

5. Viviuos

Viviuos

Jul 15, 2004
    Nehawka, Nebraska
    Nah, he's cool. Big stoner, so that is where I will get repaid. He loves to play all kinds of instruments, he has a banjo too. He'll play my bass every once in a while.