1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fixing up my AXL Player Deluxe.

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by WickedPissah, Mar 18, 2009.

1. WickedPissah

WickedPissah

Jan 22, 2008
    Boston
    Hey all. I'm going to fix up/rebuild my AXL Player Deluxe bass.

This is what it looks like now:

DSCF2366.

I'm hoping to replace the neck, the bridge and the electronics, paint it and put on the knobs that it never had.

A few questions:

Will most necks bolt on to that without a problem?
    What about truss rods and intonation?
    How do I remove the finish so that I can re-paint it, just sand it?

Thanks! :bassist:

2. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    1. Depends on the size of the neck pocket and depth of the neck pocket on your bass.

2. Intonation depends on the Scale length of the bass. If you keep it the same it will be do-able.

3. Sand it, or Strip it, or rough it up and simply paint over what's already there. Entirely depends on what finishing is used on your bass.

Is there a problem with the neck? If not... why spend money replacing it?

Keep in mind... pretty much nothing is standard and if you assume something is, you'll probably hate yourself later.

3. WickedPissah

WickedPissah

Jan 22, 2008
    Boston
    Thanks. The problem with my neck is that the slot where the nut goes is full of glue and my nut's off center, making the lowest 3 frets unplayable on all strings.