Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Flabba Holts Bass on Israel Vibration Live & Jammin?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by groovejam, Jun 30, 2005.

1. groovejam

groovejam

Apr 26, 2005
    Anyone else have this DVD? Flabba is the bass player for the Roots radics. In this DVD he is playing a 5 string bass with jazz style pus and somesort of a blue green finish on both the body back of the neck and headstock.
    Anyone seen this DVD and know?

2. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    I have not seen it. Any frame captures you can post?

I'm notoriously not up on what players are using...I only notice when we're playing with a band what a bass player is holding.

3. groovejam

groovejam

Apr 26, 2005
    Actually, as much as I hat to admit, I dont know how to fram capture. Can you do it with something simple like WinDVD or Media Player?

Should have known that you where the only one that might know :p

4. bovinehost

bovinehost

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    I sure love the name Flabba.

5. groovejam

groovejam

Apr 26, 2005
    Ok, not the best pictures, but if you know the bass I think you will be able to tell. Mmmmmmmmm....Flabba Style

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

what have I dont wrong with these picutes?

6. you can't link the pics directly from your hard drive

7. Simball

Simball

Mar 26, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    No, I haven't seen the bass but I thought I saw him with a Pedulla once. Did the body look like this one? I saw him play in California with Isreael Vibes in 1989 and he rocked. He had a Stienberger at the time.

Attached Files:

8. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    I love reggae music and i love Israel Vibrations and Apple Gabriel,i found too many pictures of them with diferent basses,here one of them.

[​IMG]

9. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    Roots Radics

[​IMG]

10. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    More Roots Radics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    There you go...I had thought I read in BP a few years back that he switched to Steinberger on the road because of a back problem, but I didn't want to talk out of school because I wasn't sure it was him. Guess it was him after all.

12. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    The best reggae bassist ever is Robbie Shakespeare,best than Aston Family Man Barret.

Robbie Shakespeare(The grooving man)

[​IMG]

13. 1) There is no "best"--it's not a competition.

2) That wasn't the question.

14. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    bah...... :spit:

15. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    I agree.

I happen to like Flabba better than Robbie these days...but they have different styles. Just like Family man is far away from either as well...

Howzabout Lloyd Brevett...He's the daddy of all of them and rocks steady in copious amounts.

16. groovejam

groovejam

Apr 26, 2005
    It is similar to that Pedulla, it would help if I could see the headstock...
    This bass is more of a solid color, but the color is similar, it does have gold hardware, but the eq knobs are ina a 2/3 order, it could be a newer model. The pickups have some sork of lettering on them.

It sure sounded great even out of my tv speakers.

One thing about flabba is that he really gets into it sometimes, unlike most reggae bass men. He bops up and down and smiles and leans....thats alot for a reggae groover.