1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Flamed top?

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by jfh2424, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Hi guys, I am thinking of ordering a new L2000. I am interested in the flamed cherryburst and the flamed honeyburst. I have done some research on them but have not found much. Does anyone have any pics they could share? Opinions?

Thanks!

John

2. you should check over at guitar adoptions. i've never dealt with them, so i cannot recommend them as a dealer, but their site offers plenty of drool material. right now they have a super sweet looking lefty flame top honeyburst L-1500.

3. Here ya go. Sometimes I wish I still had these beauties.....

jb2_pups_0452.
    jb2pups_0686.
    jb2_pups_0462.
    100_0833.

4. dukeplaysbass

dukeplaysbass Supporting Member

Jack, no pix of The Pimp?

5. 100_0471.

6. OMG!

jaw-dropper.

Ken...

7. I haven't made up my mind, but those cherrybursts are really calling me. Templar, are the other two both honeybursts? They seem really different.

I was on the Buffalo Brothers site to see how much more it costs to have a flamed model...I couldn't find the price list. Did they take it off? Anyone know how much more a flamed top costs?

If anyone has anymore pics, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

John

8. i think G&L does the best honey burst in the business. scratch that. G&L does some of the best finishes in the business.

9. dukeplaysbass

dukeplaysbass Supporting Member

Thanks, Jack. The Pimp was something else.....

This ASAT is not one of the finishes the OP was asking after, but I think it's one of the coolest maple tops I've ever seen....

IMG_0332.
    IMG_1608.
    IMG_1606.

10. derrellvis69

derrellvis69

Aug 23, 2006
    Colorado
  11. Yeah Tris, really. Gotta wonder if it was a NAMM or employee bass? Great example of using the vast G&L upgrade menu to put together totally unique omelet.

If I was a ASAT fan, I'da been grindin' on ya to trade me that crotchy badgirl!

;)

12. G&L does not make any basses with a 'hog body, but I have an ASAT Deluxe, which is a 'hog body guitar. And the quality of the finish is 1st rate. And now that I think about it, it has the honey burst finish with a maple top. But we have been remodeling and I don't know exactly where it is at the moment. Either in the closet or the moving box. If I can get it out & take some pix, I will post them for you.

I was looking through my hard drive for some pix I took several years & thought I might have lost. But I didn't. Here 'tis.

[​IMG]

edg

13. Thanks for all the posts, guys. I am really starting to lean towards the honeyburst maple tops...

John

14. Jimtoonz

Jimtoonz Gold Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    Just sold this gorgeous L-2500 to TB member knucklesma:

1317785586_8ca97a5b8b_o. 1339256351_ea263c305b_o.