Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Flamenco???

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by deathbloomslife, Aug 8, 2005.

1. Okay, a TBer posted a video of himself ripping up an Alembic flemenco style, and I've seen a few Primus vids, but I'm not pleased yet. I still crave flemenco style playing, do any of you have any flemenco videos, or know where I can view some??? Or any flemenco sound clips, either would do.

Anyone???

~Ryan

2. Bassist4Life

Bassist4Life

Dec 17, 2004
    Buffalo, NY
  3. Bassist4Life

Bassist4Life

Dec 17, 2004
    Buffalo, NY
  4. Bassist4Life

Bassist4Life

Dec 17, 2004
    Buffalo, NY
    I'm finding it hard to believe that people have watched this video and have no response... :meh:

I guess their heads exploded...

Joe

5. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    pfuh, he uses a pick.

:D

6. Suckbird

Suckbird Banned

May 4, 2004
    Sweden
    I've seen that video before, total amazing!

Soon people will flame him because he plays fast, like they flame all other musicians who plays fast..

7. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    That is the first thing by him that I haven't liked. Course that is the first total chops fest I've seen him play. The other things I've seen were just as technical, but he made them groove better.

8. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I enjoy fast music, but I am not a fan of chops fests. He could of "said" the same thing with fewer, better placed notes.

9. Ben Rose

Ben Rose

Jan 12, 2004
    Oakland
    Nutz to you all. I thought that was bad azz. Of course, YMMV, to each his own, etc. etc.

10. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Im with you Ben, I wanna see you whip that out at the next GTG, k? hehehe

11. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove
    Umm.........Yeah..........err.............I....Umm....Yeah...Wow
    <lost for words>

12. Totally astounding. I love the chord voicings he uses, and the way he improvises. True he could have said the same thing without the speed and the chops, but he said it just fine with them too.

I thought it was great! :D

13. Ben Rose

Ben Rose

Jan 12, 2004
    Oakland
    Don't hold your breath. Or better yet, hold your breath and leave the fanned fret Skjold to me in your will :)

14. I loved the video, absolutely amazing, never seen faster.

However, I'm a fingerstyle/slap guy. That's what drew me to the "Flemencore" video posted here a few days ago. I guess I'm a HUGE fan of the palm muting :D .

~Ryan

15. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I personally love flamenco music for all the rhythms(accompaniment) and the microtonal singing(accompaniment). The playing is usually too wank for me.