Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Flamin' Hot Cheetos...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Money, Nov 3, 2004.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Dipped in ranch dressing.

Discuss.

2. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    The "Red Hot Herr's Potato Chips" are the ultimate in ranch-accompanied junk foods. Cheetos have too much substance, too much filler for this application. And they aren't hot enough. The Herr's Red Hot Chips will burn a hole in your stomach unless you're careful. Awesome stuff :cool:

3. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    In Australia "Cheetos" are like a brand of snack like "Burger Rings" or "CHeezels" (ie some unidentifable flavoured shape) with flavours like "cheese and bacon" and "cheese" etc.

Is that the same thing in the US? or are they like corn chips?

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Flamin' Hot Cheetos
    [​IMG]

Normal Cheetos
    [​IMG]

I like both but never tried either with ranch dressing..I don't think I'd be real into it though. I can imagine the taste in my mind's tongue.

brad cook

5. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    They are what we have here....although they look a bit different and we don't have "flaming hot". I think they would be okay with ranch dressing, but ranch dressing isn't very prevalent here - another one of those American oddities ;)

I'll try it out if I can sneak them past my GF (who doesnt let me bring chips home).

6. we have burger men :D

kettle sweet chili and sour cream chips....yum :D

7. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Why not just eat them at the office? Or do lawyers not have time for chips?

brad cook

8. Nick Gann

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    What is that sound I hear? Oh, thats right, its the crack of a whip.

;)

9. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    A very big and frigtening whip :D

10. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    What I do... at school.... for lunch... is i... get a spicy chicken salad... and flamin hot cheetos... and mix them... and its yummy.

11. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    My secretary would make fun of me for eating chips and dip in my office and then I would get crap from the other lawyers as well!

12. Nick Gann

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Eh, it can be fun sometimes. It's all in how she uses it :smug:

13. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Eh? Is eating chips considered "improper" or something in Australia? :eyebrow:

EDIT: I guess you don't call them "chips" there though but you know what I mean.

brad cook

14. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Nah, but putting "ranch dressing" on cheetos would raise a few eyebrows, and like most places, if you do something weird, words spreads very quickly. But I am facinated so I will try it...you never know, mike money might be on to something.

15. lawyers making fun of each other...thats something id like to see :D ..my aunts a lawyer...she's rather docile too :p

you know what i like to do for lunch? eat..... :p

i make a sandwich, from block bread of course, nice huge slices, 1 packet of plain chips, a nice layer or salad cream or mayo, some bbq chicken and some tasty block cheese...yum

or i take a bowl of pasta bake from last nights tea, put alot of grated cheese through it and take it to tafe and nuke it in the microwave :D

16. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Famous last words. :smug:

brad cook

17. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Yeah chip sandwiches rock! I like to use those Red Rock Deli "Honey Soy Chicken" flavour chips with some edam cheese (so it doesnt over power the chips) and some whole egg mayo! That is the shiz'

18. personally i love vintage tasty cheese that you buy small blocks of in wax paper....but im always having some munchies like some various cheeses (i just started on the cheese with herbs in em), some rice crackers and hot hungarian salami....i always take a box of all them to band prac with me :D

19. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    There's a really good Tasmanian cheese that is infused with "Wasabi", I can't remember the brand but its called "Wild Wasabi" and is slightly green..its awesome. I also like the Mainland "Smoked Cheddar" that stuff is pretty good too.

20. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Do you realize how long my wife would make me go the the gym just for hearing about that?