1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Flanger with frequency sweep?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by CliffD, Jan 5, 2012.

1. CliffD

CliffD

Jan 27, 2008
    San Diego/Seattle
    Is there a flanger pedal out there that allows for manual control over its frequency sweep? Thanks!

2. taurus1

taurus1

Sep 13, 2006
    Vancouver B.C.
    almost every flanger I can think of does that, Boss BF-2, HF-2, EH Electric Mistress etc.

3. CliffD

CliffD

Jan 27, 2008
    San Diego/Seattle
    What I meant to say was is there a flanger that allows for the user to control the frequency sweep with an expression pedal.

4. bassofthe

bassofthe

Jun 5, 2011
    The Strymon Orbit allows expression control of any knob

5. i use a source audio flanger with hot hand to give me manual control. I need to get my hands on a connector so I can chain it with my BEF pro, to sync the hot hand.

6. Toadworks Barracuda allows you to sweep it manually with an exp pedal, as does the Moog Cluster Flux. The Strymon Orbit lets you control any knob with an exp pedal, which isn't quite the same thing. Although, if you were to turn the width and rate knobs all the way down and sweep the delay knob with an exp pedal, you'll probably get a similar sound.

7. rsmith601

rsmith601 Gold Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Boston, MA
    President, Source Audio
    We have 1 product which can do this right now, and 2 more coming:

The Hot Hand Phaser/Flanger (only $99 from us directly) has an expression pedal input which can control either the sweep or the LFO rate when in LFO mode. This pedal may be a bit large, but has lots of options (7 phasers 7 flangers and lots of ways to control them).

When we start shipping our new dual expression pedal (February), it has a "sensor" output and can control any of our other pedals (including the Soundblox Flanger). When I say "sensor", I mean the Hot Hand signal.

Finally, when we complete the Soundblox 2 Multi-modulation pedal, it will also support this capability.