Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Flanger?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Fourbin, Jun 9, 2004.

1. Fourbin

Fourbin

Feb 11, 2003
    I love the sound of flanger on bass especially when used by Mike Gordon. I know he uses a Boss BF-2B but they are long discontinued and I haven't had luck finding one. Can anyone suggest a flanger that sounds great with bass?

Thanks!

2. Baofu

Baofu

Mar 8, 2003
    WA/CA
    And you've already ruled out the Boss BF-3? It has a dedicated bass input.

3. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Still not true-bypass, so its a tone-sucker when disengaged. Unacceptable, IMO.

4. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    I just picked one up the other day, I've tried everything settings-wise and still can't get that "overpowering" effect I am looking for. Didn't MXR make a pretty good flanger?

5. doublemuff216

doublemuff216

Jun 14, 2004
    Astoria NY
    i have the bf-3...i can get it as thick or as subtle as i need ...its got the gate/pan setting(for the rotating speaker sound when run in stereo), a tap tempo and the momentary setting...lots of options so little time...i also recommend getting the dd-3 with it...you can set up some sort of loop between the 2 for short delays...for a thick sound try running out of both outputs on gate pan...

6. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Lovetone ? Flange with no name. Best. Flanger. Ever. Trust me on this.

7. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    I still can't get a convincing situation where I can use my EBS flanger and it should be one of the best sounding ones... maybe I should try to experiment some more. It gives you so many extra mids... (I still love the chorus though... especially with harmonics, it's just too fat!)

8. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Where oh where might one be obtained?

9. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Ebay, if you're lucky. I sold mine a few months ago - I started it at a dollar and it sold for $730!