Flannel and Kustom

Discussion in 'Ask Mike Watt [Archived]' started by danimod, Dec 7, 2001.

1. danimod

Dec 6, 2001
    Hey Mr. Watt,
    Hailing from farm country, when I saw john Fogerty on a CCR T.V. concert special at 8 years old, I thought it was really cool that a guy in a rock band wore a flannel shirt like my family, as opposed to the flowing silk robes more popular in that day. Anyhow the question: My brother says CCR's infamous giant padded Kustom amps were smaller than a 2 car garage door, and I say they were bigger. Who do you think is right?
  2. watt

watt TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

smaller, I think. I really dug john fogerty's shirts too - that's why I wear flannel to this day. however, I didn't know they were a farm shirt! (I grew up in navy housing) I just thought he had the best shirts in rock in those days. I liked marc bolan's look too but john fogerty was the best!

one thing I can't stand though is a flannel w/only one pocket - yech!! ones not made of either cotton or wool are pretty gross too.

on bass, watt

3. i dont own a kustom cab but we had a used one where i work and yeah they are alot smaller than they appear on tv! dont they say the same about people too?
  4. watt

watt TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

true, true...

on bass, watt