Flash Gordon

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by JWC, Mar 7, 2001.

1. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    Anyone ever listen to The Flash Gordon soundtrack by Queen. That is some killer music on that album. Just found a buch of the album on Napster the other day. Brought back memories as a kid watching that flick everyday after school.
  2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    yeah, that was some cool stuff. i remember one of the licks from one of the songs was in a video game in the early 80's.

queen did great sound tracks, for highlander too.
  3. with the exception Flash Theme and its micheal anthony style bass line, and just the song in general. i like that disk. that first song is really lousy in my eyes.
  4. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    dum dum dum dum dum dum dum FLASH AH AH!!!

I love that album. Nothing like "Football Fight" to put a smile on your face. Great album to listen to while running on a treadmill.
  5. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    I remember as a kid, rewinding the video's opening credits and listening to the Flash theme over and over. That song tickled me to death as an 8 year old for some odd reason or another and I didn't have any idea it was even Queen.

Alot of Deacon's bassline's are kind of Anthonyish though, but they fit the songs well. As for some cool Deacon lines, the line to the "Spead Your Wings" guitar solo and "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" are awesome.

"I like to play with things awhile, before anhiliation...."

-Dale (during Football song)