1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Flash Mob Mayehm in KC

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by blendermassacre, Apr 13, 2010.

1. http://www.fox4kc.com/wdaf-crowds-create-probs-plaza-041210,0,557624.story

This is pretty nuts, IMO.

750-1000 kids running around harassing patrons of the plaza ( a pretty nice shopping area near downtown KC). The movie theater there used to not allow kids under 17 after 6pm without parents, but their policy changed (for obvious reasons) and so parent's were dropping off kids there, but they never went to the movies. Crazy stuff.

2. Bring out the rubber bullets and pepper spray cannons :mad:

3. TheDarkReaver

TheDarkReaver Banned

Mar 20, 2006
    Lincolnshire, UK
    Darn kids ruining the name of flash mobs.

4. I agree, ruining it :scowl:

5. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    It's a Mall NOT a clown car! :eyebrow:

6. It appears the outdoor variety of the mall rat is more aggressive than it's indoor cousin and operates with a pack mentality.

Btw, the first lady in the second video has a really abrasive, annoying voice.

7. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Anytown USA
    Wow the mayor's name is Funkhouser, cool sounds like a upright bass player nick. :)

That doesn't look like an organized flash mob at all.
    Dirk

8. Funkhouser is two things: absurdly tall ( I'm 6'5" and he looks down at me. He's got to be 6'7-8"). He's also a moron.

I used the word flashmob because they did, but it was more like teen shenanigans.

According to the news, there were kids who were excited to be sprayed by mace... Kids these days.

9. Bassman316

Bassman316

May 27, 2008
    Longs, SC
    I've been reading a lot lately of the flash mobs that happened in Philly back in March. Thousands of teenagers took to South Street one weekend in March and proceeded to stampede down the middle of the street and sidewalks, with several reports of innocent bystanders being punched, kicked, or harassed. It's scary knowing that I was there visiting family just the week before, and I always hit up South Street while I'm there for the stores and the eats. Ticks me off that these kids crowded the street, brought traffic to gridlock (worse than it usually is on South Street), and began chaotically and randomly attacking innocent people. :scowl:

10. CapnSev

CapnSev

Aug 19, 2006
    Coeur d'Alene
    I bet they weren't so excited after getting it.

I've been maced and hit with a tazer, and I'll take the tazer thank you.

11. rr5025

rr5025

Nov 12, 2008
    Some stupid fools there. Getting maced was definitely an unpleasant moment in my life haha.

I can't stand high schoolers. I know I sound like an old bitter man but seriously it's as annoying as **** when there's 5 drunk 16 year olds behind you making a hell of a lot of noise during the movie. I've got no problem going ripped to a film or drinking during just control yourself somewhat!

12. Jimmy Bones

Jimmy Bones

Feb 24, 2009
    Baxley, GA
    How is it a flash mob if they coordinated?

13. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Yeah I won't go to a movie theater anymore, unless it's a "boring" art film that no rowdy kids will go to. Any other type of movie, there's always some jerk flashing a laser pointer at the screen, others talking/texting/video-taking/playing on the phone, somebody kicking the back of my chair, and of course loud chatter and Beavis & Butthead huh-huh laffing.

I'm also very disappointed by this new use of the term "flash mob". I get it, I mean kids want to mob, and they call each other up and go mobbing, so I get how they call it a flash mob... but flash mobs used to be ART. Not crude mayhem.

14. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    "Flash mob" was coined to refer to an organized public "art action" by a large number of people simultaneously. It's not just any spontaneous mob.

15. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Looking for a gig around East Islip, NY!

Jan 13, 2008
    This must be happening all over the country then. Something similar happened in Memphis by the zoo not too long ago.

16. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Time to initiate the Battle Royale Act.

17. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Yeah, this is not 'flash mob' kind of stuff. Its more akin to the 'wilding' that took place on Easter in NYC after the auto show.

Flash mobs originally were coordinated efforts to do something silly in public, like at 3pm we all meet at the corner of 5th & Main wearing Teddy Bear outfits in which we'll march north down Main holding signs that say have a Bear-y Good Day, kind of stuff.

18. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    Makes me happy to live in a smaller city... I can peacefully go to the movies. :)

19. Demon_Hunter

Demon_Hunter

Jun 8, 2008
    They should let them run rampant at Antioch Mall. It needs to be torn down anyways, let the kids do it for free. :smug: