Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Flat Problem, I Cant find TI Flats at stores...

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by ninthwondernj, Sep 7, 2005.

1. uhh no one around my area carries them, Guitar Center and Sam Ash only carry D'adarrio(or however its spelled), Ernie Ball, GHS and Labella flats....should I choose one of them or go thru the effort to order the TI's online?

and where would I order them from?

2. The Clap

The Clap

Jan 5, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    I'd say you should order them online if you're interested. The TI Jazz Flats have distinct characteristics that set them apart from other strings, and I love them personally.

You can order them on the cheap from Steve 'The Dude' Barr on his website... and while I was typing this someone provided the link, so there you go!

3. dunamis

dunamis

Aug 2, 2004
    Charlotte
    I've purchased TI's fom High Note Music Supply several times. Their price is more than 15% lower than the link provided above (example: PowerBass 345's for $41.99 vs $48.00), and they have shipped the same day every time I've ordered from them. Why pay more?

BTW: I used PowerBass as the example (even tho' you're looking for flats) because Vintage Bass apparently has no flats right now-- none appear on the ebay store anyway.

4. DaveB

DaveB

Mar 29, 2000
    Toronto Ontario
    You must try TI Jazz Flats at least once, if for no better reason than to get them out of your system. I have used juststrings.com with much satisfaction.

Actually I have tried TI's about six times over several years and each time I go back to D'Addario Chromes. But that's me!

5. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    If you don't want to go the online route, check out the D'Addario Chromes. They're great, too!

6. thestevo

thestevo

Aug 12, 2004
    NJ
    I know a place in Jersey that has them (New Jersey Guitar and Bass in Edison), but it's not worth the drive/gas costs from South Jersey. Just go the online method.