1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Flat wound recommendations for 5 string short scale bass

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by funkinbottom, Nov 9, 2018.

1. funkinbottom

funkinbottom Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2006
    Northern CA.
    I am looking for a set of flats that would accommodate a short scale Brice 5 string that is string through body. Using the search feature, I have found that La Bella makes a short scale set, 760FSB, but says top loading only. All the medium scale deep talkin flats I can find also say not suitable for string through. Any suggestions? Any one with a short 5er string through? What are you using. I guess if I can't find anything, I'll go with the 760's and top load.

HighD likes this.
  2. lz4005

lz4005

Oct 22, 2013
    The words short/medium/long mean different things to different people.
    Measure the ball to taper length of the strings. That will give you something concrete to work with.

HighD likes this.
  3. funkinbottom

funkinbottom Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2006
    Northern CA.
    Thank you, I was just getting ready to do that, when I noticed I had a PM from resident string guru, informing me I need LB medium scale 4 string set specifically for thru body, and a separate med. B. So I guess it's new string ordering time for me.