flat wounds for acoustic

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Hogan51, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Hogan51

Hogan51

Mar 21, 2018
    Calgary
    Anyone got recommendations, one way or the other, about strings for my Martin BG-13? The current set of La Bella tape wounds (#760-N, .060 to .115) gave an adequate sound unamplified, but I'd like to try something with more ring, though my preference is still flatwounds. This is just for jammin' around the house, so I don't run it through an amp.

2. Try a set of these:

Products - PRESSUREWOUND™ BRONZE - GHS

3. Hogan51

Hogan51

Mar 21, 2018
    Calgary
    Thanks, will give them a try. Special order at L&M.

4. L&M is the worst place to buy strings from. Sucks to be a Canuck, doesn't it? ;)

Talk to Jason at bassstringsonline.com (aka @SLaPiNFuNK).
    He recently worked out a deal I couldn't refuse for three sets of GHS Pressurewounds. :thumbsup:

5. Hogan51

Hogan51

Mar 21, 2018
    Calgary
    Ok. (agreed on L&M, but we've no choice here in Calgary. Edmonton's got a hot music scene and lots of stores.) Yeah, Go Flames Go . . . phhht. Jets are looking good, hope Laine's ankle isn't broken.

6. cavemanbass

cavemanbass

Nov 5, 2010
    TI flats sound great on ABG especially for melodic lines. But I’m also partial to LaBella, been using the 760fx and really like their fat sound for holding down the bottom. I’m going to try the LTFs next. Kinda wondering how it would be to have E and A strung with LTFs, and the D and G with TI JFs. OCD...

7. Hogan51

Hogan51

Mar 21, 2018
    Calgary
    I used La Bella 760n for a while; liked them but wonder if there is something better out there. I'm up in the Great White North where selection is slim to nil ("anything you want as long as it's D'Addario"), so will have to order thru bassstringsonline, where exchange and shipping can get out of hand real fast. The TI set could be an option, the gauge seems pretty light. Any comments there?

8. This is why I suggested you get in touch with Jason at BSO. He's more than willing to work with us Canadians to ease the burden of "exchange and shipping". He's gone above and beyond my expectations with my most recent order. Highly recommended!

9. barrybass33

barrybass33 Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2008
    westchester new york.
    I have a set chromes on a acoustic short scale bass I love the tone of theses strings nice and loud....
    Without the amp great for couch time practice....

I'll never have to change them.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 23, 2022