1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Flats for a Schecter Omen Extreme 4?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by troutbum22, Jan 22, 2012.

1. troutbum22

troutbum22

Dec 8, 2011
    Clemson, sc
    I have a Schecter Omen Extreme 4 Vintage in the stable right now. I threw on a set of DR Fat Beams just to see if I liked them. Atfter a couple of weeks, I liked them for rounds, but I find myself picking up my Peavey MIA Foundation more often because it has a setg of Chromes on it. These were my first flats ever, and I love them.

I'm now wondering if I should try a set of flats on the Schecter with the active EQ. Any suggestions and/or comments? I'm playing through a Carvin MB15 with a Traynor 115 extension cab. I'm playing mostly southern gospel right now. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. :help:

2. gary m

gary m

Jan 17, 2011
    Mid -Atlantic
    Try GHS Precision Flats.

3. GM60466

GM60466

May 20, 2006
    Land of Lakland
    I think flats sound good on most basses. I boost the mids up just a bit

4. troutbum22

troutbum22

Dec 8, 2011
    Clemson, sc
    Gonna order me some tonight and give it a whirl...THANKS!

5. ELVO

ELVO

Feb 5, 2012
    hay man I recently put fender flats on my omen man and I love it really complements the warm fat tone of the bass, what did you end up thinking? hay on a side note have you had any problem with your action I'm curious if its just my bass or if they are all high I found a solution but just wanted to here what others who owned a bass like mine.