1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Flats on a hollow body Jay Turser

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by dbillow, Apr 6, 2006.

1. dbillow

dbillow

Mar 28, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    Just got a new Jay Turser JTB-134 double cut away semi-hollow body. This one - http://www.jayturser.com/bass-guitars2.htm#jtb134

I'm thinking of putting Rotosound Tru-bass black nylon short scale strings on it. Has anyone put these on a hollow body like a Guild or Gibson/Epiphone? What was the sound like?
    Thanks

2. tehuti

tehuti

Jan 27, 2006
    O.C.
    Nice bass! If I could have found a dealer locally that had one it's probably what I would have also. I own the guitar equivalent of that, the JT 134DC, and I love it. The only JT bass I see around here (OC California) is the Beatle bass.

3. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Staff Member Supporting Member

I used rotosound's on one hollow body I played for a whille and they last a long time. I found them to be very full and pronounced. I would also recomend Pyramid Golds long , they would be really awesome on abass like that. Enjoy !

4. dillonwalsh

dillonwalsh

Apr 12, 2006
    This is what i have, what strings do you guys recommend i use??

[​IMG]

5. Mean Mr Mustard

Mean Mr Mustard

Oct 8, 2005
    What kind of tone do you want?

6. flatwoundfender

flatwoundfender

Feb 24, 2005

For vintage tone, go with either some labella deep talkin flats or fender 9050m . I think those would sound good on there. Labella Jamerson's if you think the bass can handle a whole lot of tension.

7. Wesley R

Wesley R Supporting Member

Rotosound Tru-bass might just be what you want. If you don't like tapes, a good flat could also be what you want.

Best of Luck,
    Wesley R.

8. SGT. Pepper

SGT. Pepper Banned

Nov 20, 2005
    Phila,Pa.
  9. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    If you like Allen Woody's tone on the first Gov't Mule CD, use what he used (and I'm still trying to figure out what kind of strings Allen used on the "Big Red Monster").