Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

flats or rounds on ebonol

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by d_rock211, Oct 27, 2002.

1. d_rock211

d_rock211 Guest

Apr 29, 2002
    Kansas City
    I just got a Cort Curbow fretless. The fretboard is a synthetic called Ebonol. I read somewhere else on the boards that the synthetic fretboards are much harder and more resistant to wear. I love my rounds but I'm a little wary of fretboard wear, so I wouldn't be too opposed to giving some TI Flats or D'addario Chromes a try if it would cut down on fretboard wear drastically.
    I'm open to pretty much any suggestion that will help me narrow my choice of strings down. If anyone has any experience with an Ebonol fretboard that would be great too!

2. d_rock211

d_rock211 Guest

Apr 29, 2002
    Kansas City
    D#@$ I need to go to bed. Somewhere in that jumble of words I meant to express that I not only liked roundwounds, but particularly the sound of roundwounds. It'd be nice if I could get a nice mwah with a roundwound sound. (Is that just wishful thinking?)

3. d_rock211

d_rock211 Guest

Apr 29, 2002
    Kansas City
    bump biddy bump bump

4. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Can't help you out - but have a bump on me!;)

BTW - your avatar, is that an SV650??? or maybe a VTR-1000???? Yep, just nosey!

5. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

I have an ebonol fretboard on my custom fretless.
    I use nickel rounds.
    There is a small wear under the strings, but nothing bad really.