Flats with green silks at the bridge?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by xray, Jun 22, 2010.

1. xray

xray

Feb 15, 2009
    Kona, HI
    I found a set of flats laying around I must have purchased when i was into my "try all the flats" phase. But I can't remember what brand they are - I believe they have to be DR or Rotos. Anyone have any ideas? They could be Fender but I thought they were black and red.

What ever they are they definitely sound good on my T-Bird.:D

2. Until recently Fender flats had green silk at the end. They have recently changed manufacturers and I am not sure about them now, but I believe they still have the green silk, although it may or may not be the same shade.

3. Jones_Stuff

Jones_Stuff

Nov 26, 2009
    Leicester, UK
    I have a new pair of Fender 9050mls that have green silks, sounds similar to yours.

4. Jaco who?

Jaco who?

May 20, 2008
    Yep. Those are the gawdawfull things that came on my 2000 MIM fretless jazz.

5. xray

xray

Feb 15, 2009
    Kona, HI
    Yep 9050s - after reading another post I guess they're AKA Fender Rebar Exercise Strings prone to tendonitis if you're not careful. Actually, on my T-Bird they definitely have a lot of tension and changed my action quite a bit, but they sure sound good!

6. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    rebar...lol!

7. mellowgerman

mellowgerman

Jan 23, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    Sound like old Fender 9050's. They're my favorite. If you ever decide don't want them, I'll buy the set off you.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 3, 2021