1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Flats with just a touch less tension than Roto 45-105 flats?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by CrimsonGhost, Mar 10, 2010.

1. CrimsonGhost

CrimsonGhost

Nov 14, 2000
    Hi guys, looking for a flatwound that have just a tiny bit less tension than my current rotosound 45-105 set, but I do not want chromes, some have said that the Labella 45-105 set might be what im looking for , can anyone confirm?

2. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    I have GHS flats. They seem to have a bit less tension than my Roto 77's (that were strung on the exact same bass). I like them - although, I feel they don't have as much "character" in their tone as my Rotos did, they're a bit easier to play.

3. Rotos 40-100.

Still high tension, but I suppose a bit less than 45-105.

4. odin70

odin70

Dec 26, 2007
    Roto 44 - 104

5. John Wentzien

John Wentzien

Jun 25, 2007
    Elberta, AL
    Artist:TC Electronic RH450 bass system (original test-pilot)
    The flats from webstrings.com seem to have a little bit less tension.
    Good price too! Nice smooth feel.

6. Meatrus

Meatrus

Apr 5, 2009
    England
    Light gauge Fender flats may be worth a look, not sure if they may be too little tension for what your after though. But they are what I would go for.

I wouldnt expect many flats to sound the same as the Rotos though, they are quite bright.

7. jasper383

jasper383

Dec 5, 2004
    Durham NC
    Yes, the La Bella 45-105 (760FS) set will be just the right thing for you.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 28, 2020