Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

flattening the bridge for pickup installation..

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by rob_d, Aug 12, 2002.

1. rob_d

rob_d

Jun 14, 2001
    Sorry for the question, but I'm a comoplete DB newbie. When looking at the fishman BP-100 pickup it says you need to flatten the bridge where the pickups make contact. I assume they're talking about the front of the bridge where you put the clips on..right inbetween the A and E, and D and G strings? I just don't feel too comfortable making physical alterations on my bass unless I'm 100% sure it won't do permanent harm. Thanks.

2. rob_d

rob_d

Jun 14, 2001
    Thanks Ed,
    I wasn't sure what it meant when it mentioned the front. I think I'm actually thinking about the top of the bridge as you mentioned, where the actual pickups will go. This already looks flat to me but I guess a little more won't hurt as long as I'm not digging a canal as you said. I'm just a little worried about doing anything to the thing since I'm so new to it...but I guess a little sanding on the top of the bridge will be fine.