1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Flatwounds for 7-string??

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by OnThaCouch, Oct 7, 2009.

1. OnThaCouch

OnThaCouch

Aug 10, 2006
    Fairfield, CA
    Hey all--
    Anyone string their 7-string bass with flatwounds? What set do you use?

I saw some RotoSound Jazz Bass flatwounds for 6-string (30-130) and was thinking of adding the .025 F string. The problem is that they don't seem to have the .025 in flats only round. Would this work? What would the string tension be like?

I currently use the Dean Markley SR 2000s in the 27-127 guage. I am pretty happy with them but was thinking of experimenting a bit.

I also would like the set to be comparable in price to the DMs ($43+shipping).

Thanks in advance.
    Tom

2. chicago_mike

chicago_mike

Oct 9, 2007
    Chicago - LA - Rome - Dallas
    Endorsing Artist : Genz Benz
    And I literally threw out a BOX of 7 string sets of flats. Dean Markleys....

I kept them for a few years too. Wish You posted this sooner, and wish I read this sooner too. I mean a BIG BOX. Prolly 40 sets or more worth.

3. OnThaCouch

OnThaCouch

Aug 10, 2006
    Fairfield, CA
    Thanks for the thought, Chicago Mike.

Do you know what sets of strings they were? Maybe I can track them down and try a set.

Why did you toss them out? Did you not like them or just not have a use for them? Thanks.
    Tom

4. chicago_mike

chicago_mike

Oct 9, 2007
    Chicago - LA - Rome - Dallas
    Endorsing Artist : Genz Benz
    no use..and I hate having stuff around I dont use. If I dont use it in 2 weeks I decide to keep it or toss it. I hate pack-ratish behavior.

they were a very light set. .018 to .127. e was an 85 I think, A was a 65. SO its a super light set and didnt seem practical.

5. OnThaCouch

OnThaCouch

Aug 10, 2006
    Fairfield, CA
    Bump.:help: