1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Flatwounds for C standard?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by 5656130, Jun 6, 2011.

1. 5656130

Jun 6, 2011
    Mississippi
    I was hoping someone could help me find a set of flatwounds that would allow me to tune down to C standard on a 5 string.

2. EricssonB

EricssonB

Apr 5, 2011
    CoSpgs, CO.
    Wouldn't that be tuning up?

I've been doing this for years - tune up half step to make the "B" a "C", et. al.

Oh, and I'm subscribing to this one because I'm looking into the same thing right now.

3. 5656130

Jun 6, 2011
    Mississippi
    Yeah i thought about just tuning the low B to a C and then tuning my 1st string to whatever the high C would be two whole steps down

4. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Commercial User

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    The Brains: FretNation.com
    I am kind of confused here...

Do you want a 5 string set with a High C, but also have a Low B?

You could do a set like B A D G C and tune the B string up to C...

Many string manufacturers offer strings as singles, you just need to find someone who offers single strings!

You can also get a 6 string flatwound set and put the E string aside. You could then always string up E A D G C as well.

5. 5656130

Jun 6, 2011
    Mississippi
    No i want a flatwound set that would allow me to tune up or down to C F Bb Eb i believe is the tuning. I think ill find a set and tune up then or whatever it may be.

6. Febs

Febs Supporting Member

May 7, 2007
    Philadelphia, PA