Flatwounds for Ibanez Mikro bass

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by MrOldboy, Feb 8, 2017.

1. MrOldboy

MrOldboy

Jul 9, 2014
    I'm on assignment for a few months so I decided to pick up a Mikro bass since it doesn't take up much space on the road. I've been using a SS Jag for a while and have liked the short scale so far, but I did not anticipate having issue choosing strings for the Mikro. I found a few threads on here, but am still unsure of what strings will work best with the Mikro's size. The d'addario flatwound chromes seemed popular in the threads I looked at and I initially decided to give them a try, but I recall using them on my SS Jag for a bit and did not like them that much.

Specifically I'm looking for the flatwounds, or tapewounds, that would provide the highest tension and fit the Mikro. My only complaint of short scale basses so far has been the lack of tension when moving from a full scale bass to the SS.

2. shawshank72

shawshank72

Mar 22, 2009
    Canada
    Go see Jason @ www.bassstringsonline.com
    A few Flatwounds can be ordered as singles and you can make a custom set to what you desire.

SLaPiNFuNK likes this.
  3. BillyH

BillyH

Feb 14, 2009
    Louisiana
    I'm using some LaBella white nylons on my Mikro... it's not as tight as my 34 scale naturally but it's not too too bad

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 19, 2021