Flatwounds on single-coil P or split-coil P?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by EmaTheMirror, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Single coil P/tele

9 vote(s)
    29.0%
  2. "The" split coil P

8 vote(s)
    25.8%
  3. Carrots

14 vote(s)
    45.2%
  1. View attachment 4069376 [/QUOTE]

Beautiful bass! I'm jealous:laugh:. That would be my birth year bass.

bassdude51 likes this.
  2. bassdude51

bassdude51 "You never even called me by my name." Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2008
    Central Ohio

Beautiful bass! I'm jealous:laugh:. That would be my birth year bass.[/QUOTE]

Just a bit ahead of ya, Bro. Born August, 1951............hummm, just a few months before the first Fender P Bass...........Karma!

Although I have no idea or specific info, my March 1953 P Bass might be around the 400th to 600th slab body P Bass made.

Many think that only 1,200 were made from October 1951 to about April 1954.

In the beginning, the Precision Bass was not popular nor was it a big seller for Fender. Hardly anyone knew what to do with this solid body electric bass. It was a "freak".

Thank-you for your interest.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
    2saddleslab, marchone and bobyoung53 like this.
  3. Just a bit ahead of ya, Bro. Born August, 1951............hummm, just a few months before the first Fender P Bass...........Karma!

Although I have no idea or specific info, my March 1953 P Bass might be around the 400th to 600th slab body P Bass made.

Many think that only 1,200 were made from October 1951 to about April 1954.

In the beginning, the Precision Bass was not popular nor was it a big seller for Fender. Hardly anyone knew what to do with this solid body electric bass. It was a "freak".

Thank-you for your interest.[/QUOTE]

Jeez, I was born in March too, too bad they didn't put the day on them:laugh:.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 16, 2021