Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Flatwounds similar to LaBella Deep Talkin' Bass?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by bassisten, Oct 19, 2005.

1. bassisten

bassisten

Sep 15, 2004
    Bergen, Norway
    Hi boys!

The problem:

I bought a 5-string flatwound set of LaBella "Deep talkin' Bass" and found out that their B-string is tapered! Noooo... My Alfonso Iturra -bass bridge is adjustable in 2-points only (each side) which dissables me from getting that perfect string height.

I really, really like the strings, but I've been forced into buying another set of flats, a Rotosound-set, which sounds awfull compared to the LaBella ones and I'm un happy about having a split set (B-string from Rotosound, the rest of LaBella).

Heeeelp! Do you know anyone who makes 5-string flatwounds sets that reminds you of the LaBella-sound (without tapered B-string)??

2. zombywoof5050

zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    Contact LaBella and explain your problem. They've been known to make special strings for people, they might make you a B-string like you want.

3. bassisten

bassisten

Sep 15, 2004
    Bergen, Norway
    Thanks a lot woof... :)

Got an e-mail from them and they told me to shout at the company I bought the strings from here in the UK.

Now I've sent them an e-mail and I'm waiting for reply.

They didn't even mention the tapered B-string on the page of purchase. Irritating... :spit: