Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

flatwounds

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Jul 13, 2005.

1. who makes flatwounds for a 5 string?, thats not at a rediculus price either....

i got the joss stone live in new york dvd and incubus live at redrocks dvd the other day and man, jazz bass with flatwounds is the tone im after, even for slap (joss stone dvd)

2. I too am looking for 5 string flats that wont cost an arm and a leg, so if i see any i will let you know, .. btw, GO THE AUSSIES IN THE CRICKET!! i hope to see the ashes come over here and stay for a sleep over ... of at least 10 years :p :hyper:

3. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    WA...
    D'Addario Cromes: my favorite string in the world
    TI Jazz flats: pretty damn good
    Labella: I've had good and bad experiences

4. $57 so, they will cost us about $140 :bawl: maybe ebay is my friend. :confused:

5. daofktr

daofktr irritating, yet surly

Feb 15, 2005
    aurora, IN
  6. phaneo

phaneo

Mar 14, 2001
    Fort Worth TX
    Ok so do you buy the D'Addario chrome flats ,"super soft long", "Super long softs", "regular longs", "regular super.......AHHHH" I don't know someone help me what are the diffrences and what is standard. I play a Fender Jazz 21 frets. Thanks

7. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    WA...
    In less your are stringing it through the body "regular" or "regular longs" will most likely work fine.

Soft just means light [i.e. 040 - .095].

8. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

9. chromes, for a 4 string set $110 over here...im not particuallry after a set that ill keep on for years and years...if it makes sense, i like a fresh flatwound sound

go jazz basses :D ...although mines a ksd 5 string :p

10. You can get a 4 string set of TI flats over here for $65. I think the 5 string versions are $110 or so. In brisbane, check out The Best Music Shop in Jindalee or The Guitar Shop in Paddington for these strings at these prices. They will probably have to order them in for you, but they're worth the wait.

11. They would cost half the price of the bass i was planning on using the strings on :p