Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

flaw's bassist

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by sic_bassist, Dec 17, 2002.

1. well im listening to flaw alot more than i have in the past, most cause ive been bored. well ne ways i think the style and agression of flaw is bad ass. their bassist Ryan Jurns(or something close to his lastname, im not great with spelling) has a good style of playing, and i like how flaw has bass solos. if this makes since then i did my job. :confused:

2. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    Yeah. I don't like a lot of Flaw's stuff but the basslines are surely nicer than a lot in modern rock bands.

3. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Somebody just lent me a copy of Through The Eyes! Prety good stuff, Kinda Godsmackish.

4. Onesidezero

Onesidezero

Mar 13, 2002
    I saw one of their videos. He had a killer Warwick 6er, and just rode on the low B the whole time. :(

5. Im a huge fan of Flaw. I found it cool that both of the singles they released off of the album had bass intros. Bass intros rule!

6. yeah flaw has great bass intros and solos, thats why i like there style over other bands, besides they r just a kickass band.

7. I agree.

8. Onesidezero

Onesidezero

Mar 13, 2002
    What song should I download to see his skillz?

9. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    Payback, Get Up Again, Inner Strength,

10. try whole, but payback is a better video, but there all good.

11. Onesidezero

Onesidezero

Mar 13, 2002
    Hmm...I downloaded payback, and nothing really struck me right off (like when I heard Mudvayne, for example). The intro sounded really simplistic. I dunno, maybe I'm missing something? :confused: