Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Flea Bass Solo

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Jake_D, Jan 18, 2001.

1. Jake_D

Jake_D

May 10, 2000
    Does anyone know where i can get tabs for the "Flea" Bass solo (Red Hot Chilli Peppers)? None of my band members think i can learn it, and i really want to prove them wrong! If not can anyone suggest any other popular bass solos? Thanks

2. Is that the name of it? Just "flea bass solo"? I would try basstabarchive.com and see if they might have it.

3. hello mate!
    There are loads of bass solo's by Flea! Do you mean the one he did at woodstock 99' before around the world? My fave bass solo by him is the one at the end of 'coffee shop'. I wanna learn it but i can't be arsed!!

Tell me which one it is and i'll get it for ya!

Russ

4. Jake_D

Jake_D

May 10, 2000
    thats cool. I'm pretty sure it is the one he played at woodstock 99 but i will try to email you the .mp3 file.

5. 311 fan

311 fan

Sep 24, 2000
    La Verne, CA
    You can get it on Napster simply by putting in Flea bass solo, I think. Ive got it and its pretty insane.But its pretty rare, and I think you might have to tab it out yourself.

6. Jake_D

Jake_D

May 10, 2000
    Yeah, i was hoping i wouldnt have to do that, but i may have to! This Osama guy is hopefully gonna hook me up with the tabs. Thanks Again!!

7. Hey man,

I looked for the tab but i can't find it. It is the Woodstock one.
    I'll tab it out for you but be prepared to hurt your fingers, He plays it in a very aggresive way and bends quite a lot. I'll e-mail it you dude.

8. Jake_D

Jake_D

May 10, 2000
    Yeah, i was kind of expecting that! I might change a few things in it to make it a little easier. Thanks for your help and if you ever need tabs, let me know and i'll look for you!

9. lordigg33

lordigg33

Sep 19, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    make up ur own solo. that, i think, would be better than learning someone elses. think about it.. u come into practice with a solo of ur own and show them that u dont need to learn oterhs music cuz u can write ur own. that jsut my opinion.

iggy