Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Flea bass w/badass vs stock gotoh 201 (rounded saddles)

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by funkedupbass, Sep 18, 2005.

1. So back in the day when I ordered my flea bass I didn't go for the optional badass bridge for like 50 bucks or something.
    So how many of you flea owners out there have the badass or the stock? Which would/do you prefer?
    It seems like it might be minute, but springs on the gotoh 201 bridge kinda get bound up, curly and not straight, whats that all about? I'm thiking about either switching it out with a badass 2 or maybe a gotoh 206....i dunno.
    And my other question was about the saddles and how they're rounded. Is there any benefit between rounded and straight/square/angeled saddles? The badass is like this and so is my alembic so I was curious about that.
    thanks,
    -eric

2. fookgub

fookgub

Jun 5, 2005
    Houston, TX
    FWIW: I don't own a Flea bass, bt I've used both the 206 and the Badass. I like th 206 way better. It's easily adjustable in any direction you want, locks into place, and doesn't use those foolish springs. Also, you don't have to file grooves in the 206, and you don't have to worry about the grooves deepening as the bridge wears.

Sure the Badass is heavier, but I didn't notice any difference in tone or sustain between the Badass, 206, or the stock bridge. YMMV.

3. Andy On Bass

Andy On Bass

Sep 10, 2005
    England
    My Flea Bass has the badass fitted but to be honest I doubt tht you would honestly notice that much difference between it and the stock bridge.