1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Flea Flips Out in Interview, Regrets Losing His Cool

Discussion in 'News & PR' started by TalkBass, Apr 13, 2006.

1. TalkBass

TalkBass News Poster

Mar 12, 2004
    Red Hot Chili Peppers bassist Flea snapped and hurled insults at a journalist during an interview yesterday. The rocker lost his temper when the reporter repeatedly quizzed him about a reported rift with band mate John Frusciante. Read More

2. 8mmOD

8mmOD

Mar 20, 2005
    USA
    I endorse & use Tech 21 pedals, Eminence loaded cabs, EMG pickups, Jim Dunlop picks & Ernie Ball Strings, BC Rich Basses.
    BAD LINK

3. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Fixed.

4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    this certainly isn't the first time i've heard of flea being a tool to folks. sorta par for the course, from what i've heard from numerous folks. but then again, maybe i'm just focusing on the negative heh ;)

5. AuG

AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO
    I'd be annoyed too if the guy kept asking me the same question that I had already answered. :confused:
    He shouldn't have thrown his bottle and shouted insults though, that was just being a tool on his part. At least he apologized. :)

6. My father works in PR for one of the major airlines going through a lot of trouble with pilots and recieving a lot of flak in the media, so I've heard all about getting asked the same question 5 or 10 times. I honestly don't know how my dad keeps his cool with all of the stupidity in the media and the idiotic journalists who don't understand that he's already answered that exact question 3 times!!! I guess I can identify more with Flea in this situation.
    Also, notice how that this bit of news was more popular than the actual interview ;) That's the news media for ya, "If it bleeds, it leads."

7. Squashtail2

Squashtail2

Mar 28, 2006
    sooo... any other news where can we get the full interview, what we really want.

8. seansbrew

seansbrew

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    So what, I lost my temper today, should we post it up for all to see. Lame.

9. uncleartie

uncleartie

Apr 9, 2005
    honestly i think it's kinda blown out of proportion, maybe a little publicity for the new chili peppers album

10. I haven't read this report before, BUT I just read an interview, more of a conversation actually, between Flea and Charlie Haden. It is in the latest Bass Player magazine, and I found it to be illuminating and inspiring, so maybe he's just a complex cat. I recommend reading this interview to all bass players.
    PS - journalists are mostly dumb asses anyway, and bass players are nice, complex individuals. :)

11. Who's on the cover?

12. radmin

radmin

Jun 23, 2006
    Columbus, Oh
    He should have slap and popped the guy's face... with conviction and very viciously.